Preparing to Send

I am sending a shipment back to the USA, what documents do I need?

In order for goods which originatedin the USA to be returned free from Customs Duty & the USA Merchandise Processing Fee , in line with USA Customs Border & Protections regulation19 CFR § 10.1(a). the following documentation should be completed if valued above the USA deminimis of $800:Air WaybillForeign Shippers Declaration - Effective 15/11/2016 the port of export & date of export must be completed on the form, as unknown is no longer accepted.Importers DeclarationCommercial Invoice - It's also helpful for the customer to state the correct 10 digit USA tariff starting 98010010 on theirCI & their AWB, the last 2 digits vary dependant on the reason for return.Manufacturer Affidavit - (Alaska only for shipments entering via Anchorage).In addition to the above if the goods entered the UK or Ireland under IPR or as aTemporary Import then the shipment must be exported under controls.

Was this helpful?

Yes No

The information was:

This Q&A is provided for information only and the answers do not have a contractual value. For additional information, you can refer to FedEx Conditions of Carriage for EMEA available at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Contact us at 902 100 871

Our team is available Monday to Friday 8:00am - 8:00pm

Call Us

Calling from Spain?

902 100 871

Calling from outside Spain?

+34 915 209 060

As a consumer or user you can call +34 915 209 078 Our team is available Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 20:00 pm

Chat to us

Chat Now